MoneyReasons Weekly Cache - 2010, Jan 31
My kids are so different with their finances!
My son constantly wants to spend his money to buy things (mainly Star Wars Lego pieces). My daughter is totally frugal at age 6. I asked her why she likes saving so much of her allowance, and she said “I want to save my money in case my family needs it“, needless to say, I was floored hearing this come out of a 5 year old’s mouth (she was 5 when she said this).
I’m just amaze at how different they are…
My Favorite Top 3 PF Blogger Posts For The Week:
- MBABriefs.com‘s post ”The definition of FAILURE:” - In a nutshell, this post is about the learning process. Many times we hear about the great things our leaders have done, but what we don’t realize is they failed many times before they perfect their contributions to society. The blog author David does a spectacular job of backing up this post with quality supplemental material that supports his post!
- SeeJaneGetRich.com‘s post “Jane & Ideal: First Dinner Party“ - This is a very funny post between Jane the “actual financial blogger” and Jane the “ideal financial blogger”. This is an incredible humorous post about the internal struggle between Jane’s efforts to control cost via being frugal versus doing the dinner party the correct way so that it is enjoyable for her guests. I really enjoyed reading Jane’s new alternative format, plus it’s incredible funny! Jane definitely hit a home run with this post!!!
- Eliminatethemuda.com‘s post “Economists – Capitalists or Socialists?” - After reading this post, Greg made me say “oh really” out loud, in the past I always thought of an economist as a 2nd conservative cousins to math professors. But Greg points out that they are actually more liberal than conservative. Click the link to his site and check out his post, it rings true (he also points out some noteworthy considerations!).
My Favorite Post From MoneyReasons This Week:
- My favorite post this week is my interpretation of Maslow’s hierachy of needs applied to personal finance via My Financial Pyramid. It’s rough around the edges, but the general base is there…
Goals Status Update:
Well this year (and this month in particular) is off to a bad start for me.
- Work has been trying (nuff said…)
- I missed my monthly target goal this month of losing 9 lbs.
- My stock pick in the ”The Samurai Fund” is down (with the rest of the stock market…)
- My lottery ticket (the first and last), didn’t win (really big surprise there hehehe)
- Update: my son has pink eye… (poor guy!)
You might think I’ve turned pessimistic for the year, but I haven’t! Hopefully it gets better from here on out.
|Total Loss for the Month||:||3|
As for my other goals (#2,#3)
- Not much happening here, I’m starting to organize my work area a bit more. #3 is well on it’s way, it the only goal I’m happy with. I’ll probably remove that one soon. And after I get 2 fully under control, I’ll remove it from this list too.
Next month, February 2010 will be a much more exciting month! My sister’s having a baby and I’ll have my house paid off.