Money Reasons Weekly Review
My Favorite Top 3 External PF Blogger Posts For This Week:
- Well-Heeled Blog - has a great article on lifestyle changing goals called “Small Steps Will Lead to Lifestyle Change“. I like Well-Heeled’s approach towards her goals!
- Financial Samurai’s - The Samurai Fund – All Hands On Deck! – This is a great experiment that the Financial Samurai is running to try to beat the S&P 500! His idea was to create such a Fund based off of the names of Financial Blogs that submitted them. I’m part of the list of 17 as MON (Monsanto, which creates engineered seeds). Best of luck Sam!
- Mrs Micah – Talks about her Biggest Financial Foul up, Incredible story of Mrs. Micah and her husbands battle against debt of over $100,000. That’s a lot of debt, but at least she’s very young (you wouldn’t guess that based off of her writing though!)
My Favorite Post From MoneyReasons This Week:
- My favorite post this week is Perfect Snow, it didn’t start out that way, initially writing it I didn’t think it would amount to much, but after I finished it, it invoked such great memories. It’s has more personal value than monetary worth. I do think everybody (in the snow belt, anyway), should take advantage of perfect snow every now and then (by skiing, sledding, walking at night, etc)…
Goals Status Update:
Off to a slow start on Goal #1: 2010 Resolution #1, Losing Weight While Saving Money, I only lost 1 pound this week, time to redouble my efforts next week.
|Total Loss for the Month||:||1|
As for my other goals (#2,#3)
- 2010 Resolution #2, Stop Being a Pack Rat: I have started throwing some of my junk away.
- 2010 Resolution #3, Maximizing Who I Am: I did a great job talking to more people this week.
This week was busy socially, I had to shovel the drive twice and the kids has a snow day (they went sledding and had hot chocolate afterwards), and we went to 2 birthdays this week.
Not a bad start to the first business week of the new year!