Weekly Cache - 2010, Feb 07
Some people are much luckier than others, I can’t explain it but they are.
Like my friend’s sister who won a house, even to this day I’m still shocked (and jealous, but happy for her) over that one. I’m one of the slightly unlucky ones, but I know that and have learned to adjust to my type of luck. It’s almost like it’s a scale… So to describe my luck, I think that I’m lucky 45% of the time, and unlucky 55% of the time.
Note the following change, I’ve decided to post every other day or so. This will give me more time to experiment and read other blogs (which I’ve been doing for years, and is one of my favorite pasttimes). If you don’t think this is a good idea, please email me at moneyreasons.com [at] gmail [dot] com.
My Favorite Top 3 PF Blogger Posts For The Week:
PF Blogger’s Three Interesting Club To Join (or at least check out):
- FinancialSamurai.com‘s post “Creating Powerful Friends: Samurai’s Alexa Ranking Challenge” - The Financial Shogun Samurai’s club is the one to beat for the ultimate in self-improvement. By issuing this noble challenge, the financial samurai is encouraging self improvement in the blog world. Read his post for more information. (Sam is using the sword instead of carrots as motivators in this challenge ;)). sweatingthebigstuff.com has been tracking the progress of the members that are in this club at: “samurai-alexa-ranking-challenge“.
- Budgetsaresexy.com‘s post “Millionaire Club“ - J.Money’s club is for aspiring millionaire’s! Each member states a pledge that they will use to accomplish there goal. Sounds like a great idea, and the millionaire club badges is awesome (yes I’m thinking about joining)…
- WellHeeledBlog.com‘s post “My Honey, My Money” - Okay, this is really a club. It’s a series that WellHeeled has created that takes articles written by others about stories that they want share about money & relationships. She already has some decent sized blog author’s lined up to submit their stories. Should be a great read!!!
My Favorite Post From MoneyReasons This Week:
- My favorite post this week is “My Close Friend Won A House” which is a story about my best friend’s Sister (she’s a close friend of mine too) and how she literally won a brand new house (really a townhouse).
Status on other thing’s I’m involved in:
- I graded my work self (only 2.88 or C+ average). I got to improve this!
- My stock pick in the “The Samurai Fund” is doing a little better, but nothing to blog about (yet ;))
- It turns out my son just had a regular cold, no pink eye (whew)
- You might think I’ve turned pessimistic for the year, but I haven’t! Hopefully it gets better from here on out.
|Total Loss for the Month||:||1|
As for my other goals (#2,#3)
- Not much happening here, I’ve been focusing on my work settings, I’ve graded myself and really going thru my folders organizing everything. My sister is going to have her baby any day now, next week is going to be hectic…