Weekly Cache – 2010, Feb 21
Being a millionaire doesn’t really make you that much different than the non-millionaire crowd!
Most average millionaires really don’t spend their money like they are worth millions, instead most keep millions in the bank or other investment vehicles as security blankets. Instead of “living large”, they mostly keep it as an extremely large emergency fund. Most are a frugal bunch, although every now and they they will splurge (vacations, helping kids with down-payments on houses, etc)!
Personally, if I were a millionaire, I’d travel to places like Hawaii, Europe, the Far East, and … really to a lot of different locations! Probably for only a few week a year though! To travel much more than that, would take the excitement out of such trips.
I would also like the luxury of working in any profession that I choose to work in, instead of one that puts food on the table…
My Favorite Top 3 PF Blogger Posts For The Week:
- ArtofManliness.com‘s post “The Art of Manliness Podcast Episode #16: Conquering Debt with J.D. Roth of Get Rich Slowly”. This is a podcast interviews J.D. Roth from GetRichSlowly.org, and his struggles with debt. After listening to the podcast, I started clicking around the site. I was impressed by it! It was very interesting!
- MBABriefs.com‘s post “Easy ways to improve your memory” – David continues to hit home runs with his blog posts, most are very high quality! This is yet another great post by David that impressed me. Thanks David (once again :))!!!
- Monevator’s post “Pros and cons of being wealthy” – This is a great article about those individual/families that are truly rich ($15,000,000 and up). Once you’re in the millionaire range, the flavor of the having money starts to change a bit. And while I would still like to be at that 15 million dollar level, an individual does experience diminishing returns in happiness as they continue to make more money above a few million dollars (or so they say, I don’ t personally know any millionaires worth more than 15 million). This article does a great job weighing those pros and cons. Although I have to admit, I’m more familiar with “Network Access Storage” version of NAS than then singer that’s referenced in the article!
My Favorite Post From MoneyReasons This Week:
- My favorite post this week is “10 Millionaire Lifestyle Secrets” which reveals some of the secrets about the average millionaire and their secrets. Such secrets as they shop at Walmart like us too! My post is about the 1 or 2 million dollar crowd, not the much more wealthy group (15 million +) that Monevator writes about in his post above.
Status on other thing’s I’m involved in:
- Next week should be hectic! I’m with the kids alone for potentially the entire week. My wife is going down to help out my sister after she had her baby yesterday!
- I’m going to learn to program in php and mysql. I usually work with Microsoft products, but I’ve decided to branch out!
- My son scored points in both of the sports that he is currently play in this week, basketball and soccer. I’m just typing this line because I’m a proud Daddy and someday if he ever reads this he will know that!
Goal #1: 2010 Resolution #1, Losing Weight While Saving Money – Another subpar week… I’m building momentum, once I get really mad at myself, I’ll take action.
|Total Loss for the Month||:||-1|
Conclusion: Overall this was a decent week! I had a lot of fun playing “pretend puppy”, checkers, trouble (a board game) or making up stories for story time with my daughter. My son and I don’t play too much, at least not like I do with my daughter. I think he will get his turn in summer, when we play golf and basketball (if I lose ever start to lose this weight! grrr).