My kids are on vacation for spring break this week. Because of some poor planning on my part, I got the same time off too, but at the last minute. Since my son started school, in previous years we only went on short 2 or 3 day vacations. Had I planned better, we could have gone on a bigger longer vacation.
But since I’m stuck in backyardville, I’m going to do the following exciting action packed activities:
- Do Income Taxes (yes this is a rare year that I’ve procrastinated).
- Change my car battery (I hate to spend the money!!!)
- Change my car’s squeaky brakes.
- Mow my lawn (Nooooo)
- Spread organic weed and feed on my lawn (this is the first year I’m trying this).
- Prepare to host the Yakezie Carnival this week.
- Golf, some more (or at least a trip to the driving range) 🙂
If all goes well, next year I think I’ll plan something a little more extravagent! At least a trip to a major beach, or maybe a 5 day Disney Vacation (but probably not, I’m sure it’s super crowded during spring break). Most likely it will be a quick trip to the beach!
We’ll make the best of this vacation, but it sure chould have been better!
Reader: What did you do for vacation this spring break?