This is the hottest July I remember in a long time. It’s been a good time, and he have taken advantage of it by going wave running more than a few times! We only got to go out boating once, our schedules are hectic considering the kids are off for summer break!
My Favorite Reads of the Week:
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff: Fit in a Fun Friday – Snorkeling – This was a very fun and cool post! I haven’t ever heard of snorkeling like this before!
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts: Streamlining My Life- Using Time More Effectively – Kris is really buckling down and making it happen! I personally call what she is doing “Maximizing My Life”.
- Financial Samurai: An Inside Look At The Yakezie: Stage One Recap! – Great Recap, Sam really has a great things going on here, with a lot of potential!
- Early Retirement Extreme: The secret of Education – Powerful argument against colleges coming from a man that has both a masters and a doctorate degree. Definitely worth reading, although I don’t know if I entirely agree with the post… To quote lines from the movie IRobot…: V.I.K.I.: Do you not see the logic of my plan? Sonny: Yes, but it just seems too heartless.
- Well Heeled Blog: How to Talk Yourself Out of Buying and Spending? Well Heeled did an excellent job of summerizing the exact steps I go through to minimize my purchases! Excellent job!!!
- Len Penzo: My Teenage Son, His Cell Phone, and the Bill for $1,055.20 – What a shock to the system! I’ll never understand why texting is so expensive, considering it takes less bandwidth than an analog call over the wire…
My Favorite Post from Money Reasons:
My favorite post this week a fun little piece called “If I Were Rich Today!“, and I have to admit, I had a lot of fun writing it! If you get a chance, go ahead and comment on what you would do if you were rich!
Carnivals and Mentions:
Summer is moving fast that expected (but it’s always like that…), our big vacation isn’t slated until mid-August. Based on the heat this year, it’s going to be a rough!!!
I was telling my wife that it feels like we are down there already… at least the heat portion of it.
Today, I’m just going to chill out and enjoy the weather on my deck. Currently, we are at the grandparent’s house… the kids are doing cannonballs into their pool. SPLASH!!!
Enjoy the summer!!!