The Reasons to Spend Money are numerous, but one big reason is because when I die, I don’t want a coffin full of dollars!
Now, I’m not saying to take a casual stroll to the bank and pull out all of your money, saying “Vegas, here I come“, either though! Oh, by the way, the saying “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” really means that the money you take and gamble with in Vegas, stays in Vegas 🙂
Without further ado…
The Reasons To Spend Money :
- To live a balanced life, effectively avoiding the dreaded “coffin full of dollars” that are now worth nothing to you! Once you’re dead, that money is just pretty artwork on a piece of paper that you will never see or touch again.
- So you don’t miss out on life! Saving money like a miser is actually very expensive with respect to time. The time you waste hording and saving is precious time that could be spent in other ways, like with family and friends.
- To visit other places and cultures! If I had the money, I’d try to take a few trips overseas just to experience the sights and different cultures over there.
- Spoiling your kids (a little). Why not, if you have the money, $100 is like a fortune to a 7 year-old!!! Don’t go overboard, but perhaps buy something nice for special occasions and holidays!
- On high personal value items. High value items are things that you receive much joy or happiness through. For example, you might value redline hot wheel cars that you had as a child. Nostalgic memories have very high value, so why not buy that $50 to $100 dollar car off of eBay? After all every time you look or touch it, it will remind you off a different time that is long gone except in your memories!
- Safety! Use the money that you have squirreled away to move to a safer area for your kids to grow up in! And you too for that matter!!! Or perhaps a safer car to drive the kids around in.
- Special local experiences! Go to an occasional professional football game, even if it is expensive! Nothing is cooler than hanging with friends eating hotdogs and drinking expensive domestic beers while watching the game from the stands. Go to the orchestra too!
- To treat your girlfriend or wife to a surprise romantic dinner! I’ve only done this once, but it was great!
Well, this list isn’t complete, but it’s late! If you have any suggestions, please do tell!