I decided to create a “Things to Do in the Fall” list much like I did with my summer list which was posted as: My Summer Fun Things To Do List. The first day of Autumn/Fall officially starts on 9/22/2010, so it’s literally just a few weeks away!
As with my Summer list, if any readers care to enter things that are different from my “Things To Do In The Fall” list in the comment section below, I’ll add them below my list in a different color and then add the blogger’s site somewhere near the end of this post, basically in a similar way I did with my summer list version.
List of Things to Do In the Fall:
- Football Game Parties: This year, my son and I are going to have a few family fall football parties to enjoy!
- One Last Attempt to Camp: We didn’t get camp out in summer because it was too hot. It’s hard to go camping now because of all the activies the kids are in…
- Campfires in our Backyard: Yes, we’ll do this just like we did this past summer, but with sweaters on!
- Soccer Games Galore: With both kids in soccer, my wife and I get to enjoy a lot of games… Recently, we attended a soccer tournament, that I enjoyed more than I thought I would.
- Listening to Crinkly Leaves Blowing on Trees in the Wind: This is something that I have grown to appreciate! When it’s twilight or even a little past dusk, I like to sit out on our porch and listen and watch the leaves blowing in the cool Autumn wind. Usually I’ll be drinking a brown bottled beverage, and just chilling with my dog (she’s a female chocolate lab).
- Trick-or-Treat: My son is starting to outgrow this event, but luckily, my daughter is still into it.
- Halloween Parties: For the past view years my neighbor has hosted great Halloween parties (I called them the Joneses), but now since they have moved to a much bigger house, this will probably not happen this year. But there are other people to party with, so we’ll see.
- Haunted Hayrides: I think my kids are old enough to try this now… We’ll see if I can convince them to try this or not.
- Leaf Collecting: My daughter loves to collect colored leaves in the fall. She is such an amazing kid!!!
- Jumping in Big Piles of Leaves: Not for me, I know that leaves on the ground are dirty, but my kids still enjoy it. We make them take a bath afterwards…
- Driving to See the Sites: We like to drive out in the country when the leaves go through their stages of color change! We also like to go out and check certain areas that are known for dressing up their house for Halloween. It’s a great time, that hopefully the kids will appreciate the drive this year.
- Fall Festivals: Apple Cider and fun times!
- Visit to a Winery: Is there anything cooler than going to a winery sitting out on the deck with a sweater one, just chilling your significant other (and kids in our case)?
Reader Additional Tips:
- Visting the cities, festivals and fairs
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- Outdoor excercising
- Long walks in the parks (and the check out the new dog park)
- Thanksgiving Feasts
- Invest It Wisely
- Apple picking
- Wealth Informatics
- Apple & pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving
- Fall colors drive (especially in Vermont)
- Barb Friedberg
- Take some week-end business/pleasure trips
- Enjoy the changing leaves-and that includes of course long walks
- Sandy L
- Driving around and hiking up a mountain is always at the top of the list.
- Apple pies and hayrides are a close second!
What cool fun things this fall are you planning to do? Any special traditions?