Today, I’d like to talk about the value of being entertained by NFL Football games.
First, I’d like to talk about the value of buy a ticket and going to the actual football game at the stadium!
Attending a NFL football games in a stadium can be incredibly expensive versus the value gained!
- What happens if your team loses?
- Is it really worth waiting in the traffic driving to and from the game?
- Does your stadium vendors take all credit cards? My team’s stadium only takes Visa, but I own mostly MasterCard credit cards…
- Do you like to buy small $5.00 plastic cups of beer? I don’t…
- Did I mention the cost of the hotdogs? Talk about a monopoly…
- At least the crowds are always so courteous and respectful (lol)
- Often time, you can only go with a family member or few friends. After all, who else can afford it? I can’t…
If you are younger, perhaps it would be a better experience to just tailgate before and during the game?
Now we’ll consider the best value of the NFL entertainment.
- At home Football parties! If these are rotated between your friend’s houses, it can be a great time!
- Fantasy football! For some, this will make football very enjoyable (I know I do via this game). Being at home means you can sit on the waiver wire (am I being too obsessive…, perhaps a bit)
- This can also be a great family experience. We all root for our home team.
- Buying beer, pop and food at home (for a party) is much cheaper than the cost of stadium food!
- No long drives home!
- You can invite all your friends, and their friends over.
- You can root more loudly, and laugh more fully!
So I guess it comes down to how you value your NFL football viewing experience!
It’s definitely worth going to the stadium a few times just to experience the raw enthusiasm and emotions of the crowd.
Everybody has their own individual take on the it, but as a frugal personal finance blogger, I go for what I consider the maximum value! So I usually pass on going to the stadium (unless I can go for free, thanks to richer friends)! Besides, I have a better time at home with friends, where it’s affordable.
Am I missing some additional value to be gained by going to the statium? Please do tell…
Occasionally, we go to the home high school football stadium games where we support our high school team, perhaps that’s enough stadium experience for us.