Things That Make Us Happy, are often the simple things in life!
When I was a kid, I use to think that a sports car and a big fancy house with lots of property would bring me the most happiness!
I was the guy that would give irritated “How annoying” looks to couples with babies who would be crying in a restaurant.
But now I’m a dad, and those crying babies in restaurants are now just white noise to me. If fact, sometimes hearing those babies cry makes me smile for a split second… At least at first!
Okay, I digress…
Things That Make Me Happy:
- When my son laughs! It’s a great hardy laugh that makes me feel great inside!
- When my daughter learns something new quickly, or creates something original and cool!
- Reading to either of my kids. I like the idea of me helping any way that I can.
- Receiving earnest hugs from either of my kids, obviously it’s a great feeling.
- When my 6-year-old daughter wants to snuggle with her daddy…, she is a truly wonderful little girl.
- Watching family movie night at home, while having popcorn, drinks and snacks.
- Playing my son in a game of chess. He’s really gotten a lot better at the game, and even though I mostly beat him (so far), it’s make me feel great that he’s improving.
- Getting stomped by my daughter in the memory matching games. Lately, she destroys me in those type of games.
- Going on family vacations with my entire family, including my parents and sister’s family.
- Writing this blog…
So you see, for me I really don’t need fancy stuff! Just the love of a great family is enough for me!
What thing makes you the most happy?