I thought I was going to be different, in that I had it all figured out with an idea on how I was going to rotate the 7-year-old girl’s soccer team that I’m a coach of. Reality didn’t match the logic in my head though!
The plan thumping variables were:
- Not all of the girls came to the game on time, and one came after halftime
- Some girls said they were tired and didn’t want to go out.
- The girls are too young to do two 15 minutes sessions.
- The field conditions where too wet and it was like running in sand.
So we started out the game stomping the other team, but after halftime, the tables reversed and we lost more points that we gained in the first half.
This was my first game though, and I was even struggling memorizing all of the girl’s names (I got them now though).
- Momvesting.com: Invest in Your Health: Multitasking – Multitasking is near and dear to my hearts, so I found this article very refreshing and something I wholeheartedly agree with.
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff: My Blogging Empire Update– I love to see Crystal run, in some ways she reminds me of my 7-year-old daughter with her endless energy and the quality and quantity that she produces. My daughter who is in first grade tested in the third grade class reading level (and I think this was being conservative). Crystal’s a few step ahead of the typical blogger too. Truly, amazing!!!
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts: Target Or Walmart? Does Perception Affect Where Or How You Shop? – Target has lower prices for comparable good than Walmart, hmmm interesting. I usually shop at Target, but only because they are the closest shop to where I live.
- Wealthinformatics: ROTH IRA for an emergency fund– I love this idea and even blogged out this in the past : Roth IRA Emergency Fund, I also use my Roth IRA – The Dividend Shield. I think people need to see the value of Roth IRA beyond something used just for retirement purpose. To not be creative and only think of a Roth IRA as a tool for retirement is too limiting.
- First Gen American: Wow..Debt Really is a Motivator– I understand exactly where Sandy is coming from on this topic! When I had a mortgage to pay off life was so simple and the gains in net worth were easy to calculate… unlike now…
- Missing But Not Worrying Financially About My Family – Being financially prepared in case of an accidental death is comforting (sort of, gulp)
- Discoveries By Accident– In may ways discovering usual information, inventions, practices or when you see reality from a different bur rewarding angle is like christmas mornings (or whatever your religion may be where you get a surprise…)
- When Is Gas Considered A Luxury? – This made me wonder at what price does travel become only for the rich once again (like it use to be in history)… Hopefully gas never becomes a luxury…
- The Three Little Financial Pigs: Pig #3 Update – Okay, this is really a self assessment on where I currently am financially.
- Hilton Head Island Again?– Vacation time, this is where I am going instead of Hawaii (booo)
- Is Technology A Job Killer?This is me fist foray into this topic. I’ve just scratch the surface with this post.
Like Minded Bloggers:
Much like the results of the test that Everyday Tips and Thoughts posted about a while back, many of us are very similar in thought! I’ve noticed some very similar articles at different points in time and it’s kind of refreshing really. After all, personal finance is a narrow niche so overlap and similar conclusions are only natural. The only true scorecards is net worth and memories of money well spent.
Hope your weekend was rewarding!