Do you ever ask “Is Blogging for me”, or “What is blogging like”?
If you have asked this questions, then you are at the right blog site because I am going to provide my experiences with blogging to date!
Let me start by saying, anyone can blog! But just because you can blog, doesn’t mean you should blog! Take my case for instance, I’m constantly fighting to squeeze articles in, and many times I find myself trying to write an article for my blog over midnight and sometimes at 2:00am.
What all is involved with blogging that makes it so time-consuming?
- Commenting! Replying to comments on your blog requires time to think out a decent response. Plus often time you’ll need to visit neighboring blog that leave comments. Then at their sites it’s common to leave a comment at their site too. It’s also worth it to comment on other larger sites too. This takes a lot of time!
- Carnivals. Submitting your articles to carnivals and tracking them take time. But still this is an efforts that is worth it.
- Hosting Carnivals. This can easily take hours and hours depending on how clever you want to be with it. Sometimes carnival is just a list of links, but other times it’s a clever story wrapped around a theme.
- Shrinking Material. At first it’s easy to write blog articles, in fact they just come streaming out. But after a year or so, that changes and some days writer’s block starts to pop up.
- Socialization of material. To help promote you material, it’s a good idea to socialize your article. While this isn’t too difficult, reading other articles on the sites takes a lot of time. If you are on such sites, you want to contribute in a positive way.
Working a full-time job, playing and interacting with kids and family, doing normal chores and coaching kid’s sports really cuts into blogging time.
But is Blogging for Me?
Yes, I have a ball writing about personal financial information! Yes it’s hard and its stressful right now, but it’s also a great hobby! Once coaching is over, I’ll have more time once again. So for now, I just have to cope and get through the time restricted period.
What od you think of blogging?