The team I’m coaching had another victory today, but at a cost. The other girls team had one or two girl who kept tripping our girls from behind! My daughter was tripped and even had her hand stepped on. I was fuming as I had to carry her off the field. Then another one of my girls was tripped from behind and she didn’t even have possession of the ball! WTF?
The coach for the other team actually teaches soccer, but I didn’t see him do anything! Luckily for him it was near the end of the game, because I started getting loud, I might have even swore in angry and complaining about the tripping very loudly. Probably if it continued, I would have to go over and talk to him during the game. It’s not acceptable that the team he is coaching is tripping from behind like that!
All told, 4 different girls on my team got tripped that day, more than any from all the other teams combined. I’m still pissed off! What an A-hole of a coach! I’m half temped to start attending his other game and see if his girls trip other girls from other teams too, and if so, start calling the other coaches and the soccer commissioner to get him removed (if that’s possible). I don’t think I could handle any of my girls getting hurt badly because of such conduct from a poorly taught team.
Great Reads from Other Financial Bloggers
- Momvesting.com –WAHM: How to Handle Multiple Clients– Solid advice and software recommendations on how to handle multiple clients
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff –Freecycle –My Personal Experiences– Awesome! While I’ve mentioned Freecycle in my past post, I have no experience with them! While Crystal uses the service to get rid of stuff (go Green!), you can also use the service to get free things too.
- KrantCents –What Can You Learn from Kids?– As a dad, I can really relate to this article!
- RetireBy40 –Groupon VS Google Offers– Google is definitely the 800 lbs gorilla! I don’t see how Groupon can compete.
- EverydayTipsandThoughts –Lyme Disease – Symptoms, Prevention, and My Personal Experience– Truly informations and great article on Lyme Disease and how she figured out that she had it and fixed it before it became damaging!
- Wealth Informatics –Are passive investors smarter than active investors?– Hmm, interest. Of course there always exceptions to every rule. But still a very interesting read!
- First Gen American –Karma – Posting Free Ads on Craigslist – Awesome story Craigslist, overall is a very positive force!
Moneyreasons.com a Second Look at the Week
- My Toro Lawn Mower Review and Why I Recommend It – Yes it’s true, I really do enjoy my Toro Self Paced Lawn Mower, and this explains why!
- Losing Weight the Frugal Way– I’ve started and so far things are going great! I decided to go low carb initially just to get the quick 10 to 20 lbs off. After my initially 2 weeks, I’m not sure what I’m going to do, but hopefully I will be down 20…
- Why I Went With Term Life Insurance– This post explains my logic as to why I went with a term life insurance plan.
- Is Blogging For Me?– I take a look at the other side of blogging and the time sacrifices that doing this hobby entails.
- Credit Cards Cannot Be Used To Buy Certain Things! – This article amazed me, I had no idea that you couldn’t purchase certain things. Of course I had to share…
The girls that I’m coaching are amazing! Each one puts their heart into the game, and I’ve very touched. But at the same time, I worry about each one of them out there. I would have to see any one of the girls (my girls) get hurt.
I need to step up my game and start teaching them stuff I don’t know. The best way to do that is to learn how to do it myself. Luckily youtube videos help, but I still have to learn how to do that actual moves though.
It’s time to step up my game and become a real soccer coach.
Hope you weekend was great,