I had planned on going to Hawaii this year, but my family had other plans. My wife said that Hawaii would cost us around $10,000 and that it’s too big of a financial expense for us at this time.
Oh we could put the vacation on our credit card and pay it off over a few months, but we never carry credit card balance. So instead we are going to an island in Florida for some days in the sun.
While in Florida, we are going to swim with the dolphins. That sold my kids, and wife for that matter. We also plan on spending a day or two at Sea World.
Since I’ll be at a location where being in shape would help with the heat, I’m going to accelerate my “Losing Weight Frugally“, expanding it to include body shaping and maybe even fasting. To date, I’ve lost a total of around 15 to 16 lbs.
Since today is father’s day and I’m late with my weekly update, I’m just going to put links in this article. This way I can spend time with my family and not get in trouble (lol).
Interesting Reads from Other Financial Bloggers
- 62 Money-Saving Tips to Help Survive Another Recession
- I am SO Excited About the Financial Blogger Conference!
- Carless For 3 Months
- Seven Signs You’re About to Get Fired
- When Babci’s Frugalness Goes too Far
- Take Care of Your Health-Don’t Hesitate To Get Medical Care
- Don’t Let Life Pass You By With Regrets
- Tell Me about Yourself?
- WAHM: Misrepresentation
Moneyreasons.com a Second Look at the Week
- Creating Investment Income Milestones Update
- Stop Living For the Weekend and Just Start Living
- Debt Busting Credit Cards
- Summary of My Soccer Coaching Experience
- Memories of Poor Friends In My Distant Past
- Nurturing Young Creativity
It’s father’s day and time to do father day things! Make the most of it, I’m of to spend time with the family!!!
Have a great day!