Sometimes the holiday season just doesn’t cooperate with us!
Quite often, it magically snows the day we go to chop (erh saw) saw down our Christmas Tree as part of the start of favorite Family Christmas Traditions.
But not this year…
This year there was no snow! We felt kind of silly pulling our freshly sawed down Tree is a big black plastic sled without snow on the ground, but oh well… To top off a bad start, my daughter had a temperature of 104.2 degrees! We come close to taking her to the hospital in fact! So for this trip, both my daughter and wife stayed inside the Tree Farm building while my son and I picked the tree this year.
At least our Christmas Lights and Tree are finally done!!!
Other Great PF Blogger Articles:
- Sweating the Big Stuff: Why I Want To Do What I Love For A Career – This is an example of what I consider the perfect blogging path. Here is wishing the best for Corey!
- 101 Centavos: Random Dividend Thoughts and Stupid Taxes – I think the “bad food” tax that 101 mentions is also a convenient way for those government to increase there tax revenue. Perhaps thinly veiled as a health concern? hmmmm. Another classic example of a government taxing the poorest class because the don’t think their actions through. And actually I’m more against sugar than fats…
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff: To Train or Not to Train… – Awesome increase in your lifestyle! Health is much more valuable to money, at least at a personal level!
- Financially Consumed: Ready, Set, Weekend – Hunter announces his new cycling blog. Awesome looking bike too!!! Congrats buddy and best of luck to you, I’m very sure it will be an incredible site!
- Get Rich Slowly: Spare Change: Building a Tower Edition – Congratulation Thousandaire for getting another great video included on Get Rich Slowly’s site. Kevin @ thousdandaire has many top notch videos to check out visit his www.thousandaire.com and see if you agree: .
- Retire by Forty: How To Cheat At Zynga Poker – I’ve thought similar ideas with other online poker sites, except that instead of using multiple player that are myself, I thought about enlisting other buddies in other states and all joining one table. This enables the buddies to shoot for the moon, because there is a good change that one of them would win. At the end they would share the profit. But having multiple accounts under one person is even better. Very clever. Since the site is free, you can run experiments too…
- My Journey To Millions: Unequal Distribution to Heirs – This makes total sense, and I would do the same as the business owner did with his kids.
- Everyday Tips And Thoughts: American Financial Education Needs An Overhaul, and 5 Tips For Retirement Planning – Read first hand why Kris is one of the top bloggers out there. As a teaser, in her articles she comes up with this brilliant idea: “Maybe Personal Finance needs to be part of the standardized testing in schools and also topics on the ACT and SAT. Since test scores seem to be what drives a lot of public school curriculum“! Is this not a brilliant idea?
Carnivals that I had the honor to be in:
- Yakezie Carnival
- Best of Money Carnival #132: December Todo List Edition
- Totally Money Carnival | Building Wealth Edition
- Festival of Frugality #308 – 19 Days Until Christmas Edition
- Carnival of Wealth, miserable cold edition
- Top Personal Finance Posts Of The Week – Chinese Buffet Edition
- Carnival Of Financial Camaraderie # 11
- Carnival of Personal Finance: Back in the Job Market
- Canadian Finance Carnival #66
Hope your holiday is off to a better start than our!