Smart Reasons to Save, Use and Invest Money

Making a Temporary Illness Work To Your Advantage

I’m still sick, but I’m optimistic about my blogging content once I get better…

Sometimes getting sick works to your advantage because it breaks an repeating routine and the downtime enables you to think see and think outside of your regular routine.  For me, such times enable to to take everything in and readjust my regular course based on what I find.

So while I still have vertigo-like symptoms, as long as I’m down for the count, I can still think and look down the road of each alternative path that has been an unforeseen option for me.  I like taking lemons and making lemonade with such problems, and this is one of the greatest potential moments in that process!

Some of my thoughts that I’ve been thinking of while I’ve been down is redesigning my site.  It’s plain and needs a good makeover.  To be honest it’s not optimally configured and hasn’t change in 3 years.  Once the dizziness goes away, that will be a priority.  Next, I would like to develop a few post each week that are consistent in topic.  This will enable me to keep my eye on the goal, so to speak.  Next, I’m thinking off adding some of my own flare…  By flare I mean something new, exciting, and hopefully original!

Well, I’m tapped out, getting better but still sick,

MR

28 Responses to Making a Temporary Illness Work To Your Advantage

1. Glad to hear that there has been a silver lining in your illness. Sometimes we do need to take a break from projects to re-evaluate things. It just sucks that you had to be sick during this break. Hopefully you get better soon and come back more motivated with your blog.

2. Jackie says:

Hope you start feeling a whole lot better soon. Vertigo is no fun at all!

3. Hope you get better soon. Even though you’re sick, it’s great to hear you’re using this time for good.

4. Don’t look down the road. Look through or around… Down might cause more… dare I say? Vertigo!!! :)

• MR says:

Yes, moving my head and looking down made everything spin. Slowly I’m getting better though! Vertigo, bummer huh…

5. jefferson says:

Another temporary benefit of illness can be weight loss! If you don’t eat for a few days, you always lose a few pounds!

I am all about silver linings..

6. Hope you feel better soon. I had some problem with dizziness in 2009 and it sucked. The dizziness lasted over 6 months and only went away after I took a medical leave to take care of it. email me if you want to talk. Take care.

• MR says:

Thanks Joe, it’s taking me a while (over 2 weeks now), but slowly I seem to be making progress.

7. Great attitude MR! To look at this time of struggle as an opportunity will serve you well, not sure if I would be able to do the same if I were in your shoes! Get well!

• MR says:

I’ve only been able to think solidly for the past few days, between the light headedness effects.

8. Hope you get better man! Yeah sickness is good for shaking up the routine, don’t do anything crazy though with that vertigo going on :)

9. Hope you get better soon! It’s great that you’re able to put a positive spin on things. I was off of work for 2 weeks last year after having surgery… and it was the most relaxing/refreshing time of my life! Even when I have vacation time from work, we end up traveling and doing a ton of projects. I found recuperating from surgery gave me the excuse to rest – without feeling guilty!

10. Eric says:

Feel better. Being sick sucks, but I’m sure you will come out of it like a rock star!

11. Drew says:

Positive attitude, well done and good luck. Get well soon.

12. Christa says:

Being down for the count sounds like it has helped you prioritize tasks and develop new ideas — great to have a silver lining. Hope you get better soon!

13. I’m afraid of a week of downtime because I saw what 4 days did to me. Hope you feel better and come up with some new ideas that you can hit the ground running on when you are better.

14. Evan says:

Feel better buddy! If you need any help with anything let me know