Yep, after a few years of always saying that I was going to take the leap, I finally took the leap!
If you’ve been to this site before, you probably barely noticed that change! I decided to make the transition gradual instead of dramatic. Gone is my former image head, but more importantly, GONE is my previous “Beta Theme” that hasn’t been updated for years!
I really liked the look of my previous “Beta Theme“, but it had issues with the way it handled the internal workings and I’m afraid that it might have stunt my site’s growth because of poor SEO technique that were incorrect or even missing.
It’s like the old saying “You can’t judge a book by its cover”, or in my case a blog theme by how attractive it looks. I guess I should have realized right away that the old theme was bad since I had to go into the code directly to modify things that other bloggers had no problems with. Since I’m a developer by trade, it wasn’t a huge deal, but since the language was new, it was a bit of a pain all the same…
With the new theme, I can build upon a solid code base since this is a premium theme! It’s funny, when I started blogging, I thought other bloggers were crazy for spending money on premium themes, but not I understand the value in it!
Now for some blog carnival love! Below are all the personal finance carnivals I’ve been in for the past few weeks. If you’d like to submit an article to the same great carnivals, try BloggerCarnivals.com. It’s where I always go to get my carnival submissions done!
- Y & T’s Weekend Ramblings at Young and Thrifty
- Financial Carn. for Young Adults at 20s Finances
- Carn. of Financial Camaraderie at The University of Money
- Carnival of MoneyPros at Making Sense Of Cents
- Totally Money Carnival at James Petzke: Graduating with a Surplus
- Carnival of Retirement at Life Insurance by Jeff
- Yakezie Carnival at Kylie Ofiu
- Lifestyle Carnival at Mom’s Plans
- Carnival of Financial Planning at Broke ProfessionalsYakezie
- Yakezie Carnival at The Ultimate Juggle
- Carnival of MoneyPros at My Family Finances
- Wealth Artisan’s FinCarn at Wealth Artison
- Carnival of Financial Planning at Family Money Values
I’ll report back in at a future update as to where my theme change has made a difference or not!