Geez, this summer has come and gone super quick!
Last winter I had all of these big plans, like:
- Painting the trim on the house
- Painting my daughter’s room (she’s tired of Tinker Bell).
- Landscaping (don’t get me started!)
- Clutter removal install (help I’m buried in papers)
- Go on more “three-day” weekend vacations (I didn’t go on any!)
- Go to Hawaii (I really wanted to do this, but Vertigo stopped me).
- and the list goes one…
Vertigo was a huge summer killer for me, so perhaps I shouldn’t beat myself up too badly! On the other hand, the weight loss has been great! If you read me last update: Frugal Weight Loss Update, you’ll have read that I’m down 35 pounds and I hope to be down another 5 by the end of this month!
Asking around, apparently I’m not the only one trying to enjoy the fringes of this Summer season. Perhaps it was so hot and dry, everybody throttle back to a “let’s say in the air conditioning” state? I still have to late vacations coming up in August and the beginning of September, so perhaps that will make it better.
Perhaps you can read some other great things to do (or that was done) in summer in one of the great carnivals that I was recently included in.
- Yakezie Carnival at See Debt Run
- Carn. of Financial Camaraderie at My University Money
- Carnival of Financial Planning at One Cent At A time
- Carnival of MoneyPros at Aaron Hung.com
- Carnival of Retirement at Young Family Finance
- Festival of Frugality at CashNet USA
- Wealth Artisan’s FinCarn at Wealth Artisan
- Y & T’s Weekend Ramblings at Young and Thrifty
- Yakezie Carnival at The College Investor
Enjoy your summer, it’s moving too quickly!