Not long ago, I hated my drive to work with my old car, but with my almost new Toyota Camry (2010), I’ve been noticing that I now find it enjoyable. While it may seem like I’m over-exaggerating, it’s true. In fact, now for entertainment, sometimes I’ll just pick a direction and drive. I haven’t done the driving for entertainment bit since I was a kid when I just got my driving license.
I don’t drive for entertainment much though. Oh it’s not because I don’t enjoy it, instead it’s the fact that gas prices are so high that I hate wasting the money! If gas prices were much cheaper, I’m sure I’d be driving all over my state.
Here are the reasons I love my “almost” new car:
- The car looks like it is new. Given the fact that it had 27k miles on it when I bought it make it all that much more spectacular.
- The ride blows my old Chevy Malibu away. Now granted that my old Chevy Malibu was a 2003 model, I have a feeling that I’d still enjoy my “almost” new Camry vs a newer Chevy Malibu anyway.
- The gas mileage gain is a huge positive! Instead of filling up my car with gas once a week, it’s now every other week! I’m in heaven.
- The car looks so much new than my 2003 model. I feel like my car actually belongs in my company’s parking lot when I park it at work. Previously, with my old car I felt like it would look better at the junk yard than parked at work.
- The heater and air conditioner work! My “new at the time” Malibu had problems with the air conditioner almost immediately after I bought it.
- The Camry was purchased at a 35% discount to what a new Camry cost.
- It’s just all around more comfortable!
I should have called this post “Ode to my almost new car” lol.