I actually felt good today! No major joint or muscle pains!
This week I wasn’t looking forwards to working out so I started it later in the day than I would have liked to. I’m not entirely sure if I want to continue this next year, but I definitely want to continue it until the end of this year.
I’m still very weak compared to my old number, for instance, at one time I could do 275 lbs bench for 10 reps. I’m very far from anything even close to that currently. Shoot at this point in my life I don’t even know if I want to be that strong…
- 45 lbs – I do this just to see how I feel, at this point it’s really not necessary, at least now it isn’t.
- 135 lbs – 8 reps warmup, getting lighter each time I do this now.
- 185 lbs – 8 reps (modestly heavy, but getting lighter).
- 205 lbs – 8 reps (failure! I went for 9 but couldn’t do it… needless to say, I was disappointed)
- 225 lbs – 2 rep (I was so disappointed in my 205 number again, so I tried a higher weight again, went for 3 but only got two.)
- 165 lbs – warm down set (8 reps, very easy and I did them with great control.)
- Curls (I’ve decided to take it easy with curling, no rush)
- 25 lbs – for 10 reps
- 35 lbs – for 8 reps
- 45 lbs – for 7 reps. (not magic here, but my left arm didn’t feel odd.)
- Rows (wimped out here too)
- 135 lbs – 1 set of 8 reps,
- 145 lbs – 1 set of 6 reps.
- No weight squats
- 2 set of no weight squats for 10 reps each. It might be my imagination, but I think my right leg is getting better.
- I’m only 25 lbs from being able to bench 250, hopefully I’ll me my goal by the end of the year. It’s nice to be able to get 225 for two again. I’m definitely feeling stronger, even though I don’t look much stronger.
- I lost 5 lbs since my last report, so only 5 lbs more and I’ll be good on my monthly goal.
A mixed week from a workout perspective. I’m eating cheaper foods that are more protein based just to continue my workout improvements. I dramatically increase my egg consumption to 2 eggs for breakfast,and 4 for dinner. That’s way to many eggs per day, but I’m only doing it for 1 week, so I’m not too concerned. So my already cheap workout has become even cheaper since eggs are very inexpensive (I think 12.5 cents per egg). I need to drink more water though!!!