While I’m sure I’ll be sore in a few days, I can tell that my muscles are starting to respond by coming back to life. They have been dormant for so long that I’m much weaker than I imagined I would be. I’m trying to keep my progression under control because I’ve had shoulder issues in the past and don’t want that problem to rear it’s ugly head by increasing the weight I’m pushing too quickly.
I’m walking too during the week and doing a few light sets of varying exercised during the middle of the week, just to keep my muscles growing. I’m hoping that I can improve my health by making my body more active.
And now on with the workout:
- 45 lbs – basically the bar for 5 reps (my pre-warmup, I’m beyond this set as a warmup set, which is great!)
- 135 lbs – 1st set for 10 reps (now a cross between my warmup set and a real set…)
- 185 lbs – 2nd real set for 8 reps (felt stronger today, may have even been able to get 9 reps, but why push it)
- 205 lbs – 3rd real set for 3 reps (felt strong today, I might have been able to get 4 reps, but I’m still slightly sore for last time.)
- 165 lbs – warm down set (8 reps, easier this time than last week.)
- 45 lbs – bar basically, warmup for 10 reps
- 75 lbs – 1st set for 10 reps
- 95 lbs – 2nd set for 8 reps (could have went for 10, but why push it, my shoulder was making an odd sound anyway).
- 95 lbs – 2 sets of 10 reps
- 115 lbs – set of 10 reps
- No weight squats
- 2 set of no weight squats for 10 reps each. I think this is hard for me because my legs get a pretty decent workout with the previous sets of rows.
- Be able to bench press 250 lbs by the end of the year (I’d be happy if I could get 225 by the EOY). – 205 was heavier than I imagined and even this week I only got it for 3 reps..
- Be able to curl 95 lbs for 10 reps by the end of the year. (I can probably do this now, but I’m in now hurry to increase the weight).
They say without your health you have nothing, and since my health hasn’t been optimal these past few years, hopefully this cheap workout series will help me improve it.