The end of January was tough with two small health setbacks that in the past would have stall my progress on changing my lifestyle.
Instead of embracing the setback, I thought of ways to use it to my advantage. Very seldom in life is it an absolute “black or white” scenario, where it’s either one choice or the other, and since life has so many variables, it’s easy to overcome such setbacks by continuing to move forward.
Obviously since I was pretty sick, I wasn’t able to do much in the lines of working out, but that didn’t prevent me from losing weight! Actually not eating by being sick help that goal along just fine! Many time after a rough illness, I come back stronger than normal and determined to make up for lost time, not to mention a bit of cabin fever to help me kick-it into gear.
Ironically, instead of just sticking with my basic goals, I find that I’ve created something that reminds me of a Goal snowball. More and more goals keep piling up in my new lifestyle change. If I can juggle them all, really will become quite a different person entirely. Well see…
And now for a weekly update from some of my favorite sites:
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff: What My Parents Taught Me About Finance – Lessons are learned in many ways, and some lessons for one topic can be applied to other topics. This article is a two for one deal! Suba from Wealth Informatics is guest author today!
- Retire by 40: January 2012 Cash Flow – This might be the best personal cash flow presentation that I’ve even seen!!!
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts: The Power of Choice – Great thought! I want to have choices too. It’s critical in controlling your life and lifestyle!
- 101 Centavos: Travel Like a Boy Scout – 101 talks about how he prepares when he travels abroad. So far he has been to over 40+ countries! What an awesome lifestyle that must be!
- Financially Consumed: Holstee Manifesto For Life – Hunter concludes my Life change post with this “Just Do It’ post! Very true, check it out.
- EntertainmentTimez: Blogging Life Is Hard For Kids But Worth It? – If you current model isn’t working change it til it does! Same goes with life, if it isn’t working, change it!
All of the above articles had something about distinct Lifestyles and changes. Each of the post above I would recommend reading because each has a lesson that is stronger than most if you’re striving to change your life or your lifestyle.
Yakezie Carnival at Steadfast Finances
Carnival of Financial Camaraderie at Newlyweds on a Budget
Totally Money at 20’s Finances
Canadian Finance Carnival at Canadian Finance Blog
Carnival of Financial Planning at Skilled Investor Blog
Carnival of Retirement at Financial Success for Young Adults
I wonder if it’s possible to become smarter in a lifestyle change? I think it’s easier to change when you let go of the mental barriers that you may have learned growing up or from other sources of influence… Perhaps you’ll see a lot more from me this year?