Gas is getting crazy high again, so much so, that I’m seriously thinking about carpooling to work with a buddy again. To drive an hour to my parent’s house and back cost over $20 per trip!
Stocks keep rallying! Now I know that company earnings have been good, but isn’t that expected after a crummy last few years? With all the negativity going on, I’m very surprised that the stock market has any legs at all!
Top Pick of the Week:
This is the first that I’ve done of this type heading, but Sam’s post was so strong, that I had to create it just for that post alone!
- Yakezie: Believe You Will Succeed – The Financial Samurai nails this one square on! This is the must read article of the lineup that I have today!
My Favorite Reads of the Week:
- Financial Samurai: How To Deal With A Bully- I find that what Sam states is true (or at least it was when I was a kid). Sometimes a good whack on the head to a bully does the trick!
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff: Blogging Full Time – The Target Number- Usually with goals like these I would say halfheartedly “Try you just might”, but in BITFS’s case… It’s almost a given!
- KrantCents: Retired: Gone Wild!- This is the way that I would like to retire! Great idea… starting now, and making it a habit!
- Everyday Tips and Thoughts: How Not Working Paid Off – Can You Say Tax Refund? – Who doesn’t love a happy ending to the typical Tax Horror story?
- First Gen American: Passive Income Ideas ala Babci – I think these are wonderful ideas that Babci has! I’m sure my Grandmother and Babci would have gotten along fabulously (maybe even my mother-in-law too)
- Momvesting: Keeping Up with the Joneses: A Tale About a “House Poor” Life – Interesting tale of a couple that bought off more then they could afford in the housing area. It’s the antithesis to my article called “Why We Didn’t Buy The Most House We Could Afford“
- My Journey To Millions: What Will My Mortgage Cost a Month? – Once a baby enters the pictures, expenses go up, especially the housing expense! My sister moved out of her small townhouse too because of the baby and doting grandparents… Good to hear you are remembering the tax hit on a new house!
Post From MoneyReasons this Week:
- Are We All COGs in the Machine Of Life?- Life is short, much to short to be a COG for some employer! Work your job, but don’t become your job. You are not your job and should think outside of the box to enjoy life!
- SAHM versus Daycare- No 100% right answers on this one. Each family will require different need depending on their circumstances.
- Financial Planning Isn’t Really A One Size Fits All Model- What works for my family (and especially me) may not work as well for you. But for the most part, it should!
- Are We Too Proud To Become Rich?- Don’t let pride stand in your way on making money! You’d be surprised what you can learn working as a typical McDonald’s worker! You can learn a lot on the job, if you think about it while you’re particular job function!
- Dividend Stocks, Free Lunch Experiment #9- I’ve had a blast with this experiment! I now earn enough in dividends to pay for 2 decent lunches per week. Not too shabby!
- Carnival of Road to Financial Independence #29
- Festival of Frugality #272 – Find that Side Hustle Edition
- Carnival of Financial Planning – Edition #177
- Carnival of Personal Finance #301: Color Theory Edition
- Control your Cash host the Yakezie Carnival
- Family Finance Carnival – March 27, 2011
I hope all of the tension in Northern Africa region and the Japanese crisis lessens soon. The Japanese people are resilient, but still I wish them the best and a very speedy recovery!
With respect to oil, hopefully, we’ll starting drilling or digging the shale in Montana and other areas in the US that has such untapped locations! It would take years to have an impact on oil prices, but at least it would be a start!
Please subscribe to my RSS feed so you can check out new articles when they become available. You will help this blog grow by doing so! Thanks!